Thursday, October 13, 2011

I've got your back, kid


My daughter is one of the coolest people I've ever known and I'm not even being biased. Not even a little. She's the only person I can have a completely nonsensical conversation with and we both get it. The conversations are usually out there, but the one this morning takes the cake. Where does it take the cake, you ask? Down to the bakery to see the other cakes. (Thanks, George Carlin.) Moving right along...let me share our conversation this morning:

V:  I want a squirrel. A black squirrel. That way I can be cooler than the other kids because no one has a black squirrel. They're really rare.

Me:  Where would you keep your awesome squirrel? Not in the house, I hope.

V:  Of course not. I'd keep him outside and before school I'd have him latch onto my cheek so he can be my new accessory. That way when I walk into school everyone will say "Oooooo! She's so COOL! She has a squirrel on her cheek. I want one!!"

Me:  I think squirrels have rabies, baby.

V:  Even BETTER!! Then I can be a zombie!!!

Me:  Zombies eat people.

V:  That might be why I want to lick your face.

Me:  You should be a writer, you're so creative.

V:  So can I?

Me: What?

V:  Lick your face.

Me:  How about a kiss instead?

V:  FINE, but once I'm a zombie you won't have a choice.

Me:  I'll keep that in mind.



Some people might think this kind of exchange is odd, but not me. Everyday of my life is fun and interesting because of my girl. I hope she never loses her creativity or her vivid imagination. She reminds me that life is meant for enjoying and that black zombie squirrels go great with anything.






 For V







2 comments:

  1. that is awesome and ironic...my three year old called me to the window this morning to look at a squirrel in the yard that looked just like the one you have pictured above.

    ReplyDelete